With so many different brands of jojoba oil in the market it can be hard to settle on a brand – how do you know that you are buying the right one?
There is one, however, that has set itself apart – Desert Essence Jojoba Oil.
This particular brand has been described as miracle oil by many people who have used it. So what is it, and is it all hype?
This Jojoba Oil is pure, organic jojoba oil that moisturizes the skin without leaving an oily residue like some brands do. You can however use it for much more than just moisturizing:
• It is excellent for removing makeup – just soak a cotton pad with it before you get into bed, remove all traces of makeup and jump into bed – no need to rinse as the oil will work into your skin overnight leaving it smooth and moisturized.
• It is great for dry hands and feet. Many people experience dry hands and feet in extreme weather. Desert Essence will make them soft again.
• It is excellent for hair as well – it soaks into the scalp preventing dandruff, stopping itching and promoting hair growth. You can use it as a leave-in treatment too.
• If you suffer from dry, chapped lips this oil is an excellent way to get them soft and luscious again.
• This is excellent oil for people with sensitive skin that are unable to withstand other cosmetics.
• It is great for acne as it eliminates oily skin.
How Does Desert Essence’s Jojoba Oil Work?
This oil is harvested from the nut of a tree that is native to some parts of America. Ancient Native Americans would crush the nut and make a paste that they would apply on their hair and skin, but they also ate the nut when there was a shortage of food – this tells you that the jojoba nut is natural and completely safe.
The reason why it works so well is that its main ingredient is sebum. This is the same stuff that allows our skins to be elastic and perky. The problem, however, is that as we age the body loses its ability to produce sebum in the right quantities and that is where Desert Essence’s line of products come in – since it is so rich in sebum it provides your skin with just what it needs to keep looking young. It moisturizes the deepest layers of the skin ensuring that it remains soft and smooth at all times.
How To Use Desert Essence’s Jojoba Products?
This oil is easy to use. It is light so you need very little of it. In the morning just cleanse your skin and then apply a few drops of Desert Essence on it before you put on your makeup. At night use it to cleanse and then get into bed and let it work its magic. For hair you can use it as a weekly treatment – just apply to the scalp and leave it on. Since the oil has a slightly nutty smell some people may want to rinse it off.
Is Jojoba Oil Safe?
Yes; Desert Essence’s jojoba-based oil is completely safe and there are no side effects to be expected. Make sure that you buy the original product – there are fakes out there and these can have chemicals that may cause side effects.
Pros & Cons
The pros of this product are unmistakable: it is great for skin and hair, it is all natural, its production is cruelty fee and it is GMO free, too. It is organically grown in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990.
I have been using Desert Essence’s oil for several years now on my hair and face and all I can say is that it is one of the greatest products I have ever used on my skin.
The reason why I started to use it was because I used to have an oily skin and a friend told me that it would help.
I was skeptical but decided to try it and was amazed at the results. I also use it on my hair as well as my hands and feet, and I promise you that if you try it you will see a big improvement. I should also mention that a little goes a long way.